Tiger Brokers, formed in 2014, is a global internet broker aimed at regular investors. Tiger is a subsidiary of UPFintech Holding Limited, an online brokerage corporation having offices in China, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States. It is regulated in Australia by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
It boasts 9 million registered users and approximately 2 million account holders worldwide. With a quick sign-up procedure and no minimum deposit requirement, the technology-first online brokerage service gives customers its own Tiger Trade desktop and mobile trading program, simplifying international trading for Australian investors.
To understand more, read our in-depth review.
What is Tiger Brokers Australia?
It is a renowned Australian share trading broker that began providing services to Australian customers in 2022. Tiger Brokers (AU) Pty Limited is an ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) regulated financial service company in Australia.
It was founded in 2014 as a subsidiary of UP-FinTech Holdings Limited, also listed on NASDAQ, and has offices in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United States, and Hong Kong.
It was named Best Casual ASX Trader 2022 by Mozo as a new participant in the Australian market. Tiger now claims to have 9 million registered users globally. In Australia, the firm provides desktop and mobile app trading platforms that make trading easier. New users may rapidly sign up and begin their investment experience in minutes.
The Best Features of Tiger Brokers
- The best advantage of Tiger Broker is that they frequently provide signup bonuses for new customers, such as commission-free trades, free in-depth market research, and stock vouchers to spend. This feature encourages new users to begin their investment journey.
- Tiger Broker has trading systems, including a mobile app and a desktop trading platform. Both are jam-packed with rapid current converters, trading tools, and indicators.
- It provides seamless access to worldwide markets, including US, ASX, HK equities, ETFs, and US options. You may mitigate your risk using US options while exploring the Asian market (HK stocks) with a minimal brokerage.
- Tiger Brokers’ mobile and desktop platforms support two-factor authentication, which improves security and provides a completely secure trading and investment experience.
- It also provides a demo account with $100,000 to allow novice users to practice their trading methods and test platform features without risking their real money.
- Tiger Brokers also has a massive online community of traders and investors where individuals contribute their ideas and skills to benefit others.
Which Markets Can I Invest in?
You can use your Tiger Broker account to trade equities on the following markets:
- New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Nasdaq Stock Market (NASDAQ)
- American Stock Exchange (AMEX)
- Pink Sheet Exchange (PK)
- Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
- Hong Kong Exchange (HKEX)
How do I Register?
To open an account, go to the site and select the “Open Account” button, then follow the instructions below:
- Select whether you want to register using your email address or phone number, then fill out the necessary information.
- Choose your nationality, birth country, residence, and tax residency.
- Give us your name, date of birth, address, gender, and contact information.
- Upload identification evidence, such as a driver’s license or passport and proof of residency.
You will open the account within three hours of the application submission. However, in some circumstances, extra time may be necessary.
How Can I Get in Touch With Tiger Brokers?
If you have a query regarding your account or a particular transaction, don’t hesitate to contact Tiger Brokers support via Phone, email, and live chat. The customer support team is available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. AEST. However, numerous customers who have reviewed the Tiger Trade Android app have complained about delayed customer support response times.
Tiger Brokers’ Promotions and Bonuses
Tiger Broker now provides many incentives, such as commission-free trades and sign-up bonuses. It provides an appealing welcome package for new customers, which includes benefits such as $0 fees on US equities for 180 days, an SGD 5 cash voucher, and access to Reuters and NYSE Arcabook real-time market research and data.
If you deposit SGD 2,000 within the first few days of creating your Tiger Broker account, you will be eligible to win a free premium share similar to Tesla. It also has a fantastic referral program with some incredible incentives. If you suggest, a friend and they deposit at least SGD100 into their new account. You can get lifelong zero-commission trading.
It also enrolls participants in its Tiger Coin rewards program. You may redeem Tiger Coins for prizes such as free stock vouchers, commission-free transactions, and other items you can use to offset commissions. Tiger Brokers’ deals are always subject to change. Please visit their official website for the most up-to-date information before signing up to see what specials are now available.
Tiger Brokers Provides Security
Tiger Brokers has been in business for about six years. It is a well-known and well-respected internet broker with operations in Singapore, the United States, China, and Australia. It is one of the top online brokerages in Singapore and Southeast Asia, with over 1.7 million account holders and an annual trading value of USD 219.1 billion.
Tiger Brokers provides a high degree of protection for your investments. It is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Depository Trust Company (DTC), the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
MAS and the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission additionally regulate Tiger Brokers. It keeps its clients’ assets apart from their capital by storing client funds in custodial accounts. As a result, Tiger Brokers’ operational finances are separate from customer assets, so your money will be secure if it goes out of business.
Tiger Broker conducts stringent regulatory checks on its counterparties to ensure they meet anti-risk regulatory regulations. Tiger Brokers’ custodian is DBS Bank. Users can also sign up for two-factor authentication. Users must enter a temporary password sent or texted to them in addition to their usual password.
Tiger Brokers is a viable alternative if you wish to trade stocks worldwide. Its desktop and mobile apps are simple to use, several trading tools are available, and the business charges reasonable brokerage costs.
If you’re new to stock trading, a platform with more instructional tools for novices could be a better option. Finally, before choosing the ideal venue for your needs, compare it to other online share trading platforms.